Fire Damage in Your Indianapolis Home or Business
Even a small fire can be devastating for an Indianapolis home or business. For example, a little grease fire in the kitchen can produce smoke and soot that spreads throughout the house, sticking to everything in its path. The fire damage can be overwhelming, but as long as everyone got out safely, your home or business and all your possessions can usually be replaced or cleaned.
What do once the smoke and fire is over?
- Always check to ensure it's safe to enter the home or business. There could be standing water from the fire department or broken glass on the floors.
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets. You can make the cleaning process more difficult by walking on the carpets and sitting on the furniture.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open. Foods will spoil quickly and can ruin the appliance.
We specialize in fire and smoke restoration and can quickly access the damage and stop any further damage from happening. For instance, ash and smoke not only leave a strong odor behind but can also cause corrosion and etching that needs to be stopped before it becomes an even bigger problem.
Things you should NOT do after a fire.
- First and foremost, ensure you have permission from the fire department to enter your home after the fire is extinguished. Some fires can damage the structure and make it unsafe to enter.
- If you have any electronics exposed to fire or smoke, do not try turning them on. Not only could you be electrocuted or cause a new fire, but the smoke and ash could also cause further damage to the internals. We can examine your electronics and determine whether they can be professionally cleaned and restored.
- Do not take or use clothes that have smoke odors from the fire. The smells can be transferred to your car's upholstery or the home or place you take them.
- Don't try cleaning any walls, surfaces, fabrics, carpets, or furniture, as you could cause further damage. To remove smoke and ash requires specialized cleaning solutions, tools, and processes. It's best to leave everything untouched and wait for us to arrive to assess what can be cleaned and what needs to be replaced.
Who to Call After a Disaster
If you have questions about particular possessions or cleaning processes, we will be happy to answer them. We know a fire can be devastating, and our highly trained restoration specialists will work hard to get your home or business and your life back to normal as quickly as possible. So, call SSRVPRO of Indianapolis East at 317-222-5068, and we will make it "Like it never even happened."